Who we are
Our website address is: https://bookowl.in
We are committed to protecting your privacy. In order to provide you with our uninterrupted use of services, we may collect and, in some circumstances, disclose information about you. To enhance better protection of your privacy, we have explained our information collection and usage practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Website shall use the information collected from you in accordance with applicable laws including but not limited to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules made there under and use the data only for the purpose of completing the transaction or for purposes as may be required under the laws.
SECTION 1: HOW OBTAIN YOUR INFORMATION AND WHAT WE DO WITH IT
When you register or purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, phone number and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and operating system, your immediate Internet history, information collected through cookies (more information on this below), etc.
We may also obtain information relating to you from third party sources such as social networking websites, databases, online marketing firms, etc. This information can include but not limited to demographic data like age, gender and other interests; viewing data and advertisement interaction, content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using our website or products.
The website also has enabled the Google Analytics Advertising, which allows Google to collect data about users on our website, in addition to Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. You may choose to opt out of this by downloading and installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
How do we use your information?
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We collect and use your “Personal Information” only to conduct our business, to help us deliver our products and to improve our business and/or our products and services.
- To create and maintain a database of such information which will help future users to meet their requirements and to maintain internal records.
- Your contact information is used to contact you when necessary. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- Finally, we may use your IP address to help protect our partners and ourselves from fraud. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
- We may periodically send promotional email about special offers, online contests or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes and future marketing. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We use information collected from cookies, etc. to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our service
- We may under certain circumstances procure an element of the Services from a third party service provider. To the extent that it may be necessary, and solely for the purposes of providing the Service to you, you agree that we may disclose to such third party any of your “Personal Information” that may be necessary for the procurement of services from the third party.
- For example, we may share your contact information with a third party to ensure delivery of the service to you. You consent to this sharing of information and being contacted by our partners by continued use of this website.
- We neither share any of your personal information with third parties not involved in our business, nor sell or trade your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes, without your explicit consent.
- You hereby represent and warrant to the Website that:
- All information derived in relation to you is true, correct, current and updated.
- All information given do not belong to any third party, and if they do belong to a third party, you are authorized by such third party to use, access and disseminate such information.
SECTION 2: CONSENT
How do we get your consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card or other modes of payment, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How can you withdraw your consent?
If, after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: The Children’s Book Bin, L-1002, Orchard, Godrej Garden City, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382470.
SECTION 3: DISCLOSURE
We may share the information collected from you with our affiliates, employees, agents, service provider, sellers, suppliers, banks, payment gateway operators and such other individuals and institutions like judicial, and law enforcement agencies.
SECTION 4: PAYMENT
We do not store any payment-specific information like credit card or net banking details. This is processed through our payment gateway provider, which stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
SECTION 5: THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6: SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SECTION 7: COOKIES
We store small text files called Cookies in your device in order to enable various features of our apps. They are used to store user preferences and trends which can be used to improve user experience. Settings can be changed to accept or not accept Cookies in your browser settings. If you do accept a Cookie, you thereby agree to our use of any information collected by us through that Cookie. Any such information collected will only be used for improving the website experience.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us firstname.lastname@example.org